A Software as a Service company seeks a skilled Linux DevOps engineer. You will be expected to help maintain the infrastructure and software across physical & virtual environments. You must have 3+ years dev and/or operations experience within a Linux environment; a solid understanding of AWS cloud tech and skills including Configuration Management systems such as Chef; scripting languages such as Bash, Ruby & Python and experience configuring and monitoring core software applications including web servers, databases & messaging queues such as Nginx, MySQL, Postgresql & RabbitMQ.
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Keen technologist, desire to work with the latest technologies and eager to learn.
- Interest in understanding the internals of software (what makes them tick).
- Able to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Manage all environments as part of the DevOps team.
- Operating system maintenance.
- Software installation/ deployments and configuration.
- Monitor Linux systems for availability and performance.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new functionality to production effectively.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose root causes of problems.
- Conduct research, propose and implement technologies to enhance infrastructure.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Produce high-level design documentation.
- Ensure redundancy, failover and recovery of systems.
- 3+ years in development and/or operations of Linux environments.
- Expert level Linux user.
- Good understanding and experience in AWS Cloud Technologies.
- IT Infrastructure Automation - Chef/Ansible or similar
- Scripting - Bash, Ruby, Python.
- Configuration and monitoring of core applications - web servers, databases, messaging queues and applications
- Experience maintaining operational support software - issue tracking, logging (Elastic) and service monitoring
- Basic network management - DNS, routing, firewall, load balancing and proxy knowledge.
- Voice/ VoIP experience
- Agile and TDD knowledge.
- DBA knowledge - point-in-time backups, replication and performance tuning.
Google Analytics for phone calls.
We are a programmable voice API SaaS business. We allow our clients to start and control phone calls on the telephony network. Our main clients are online-classifieds & marketplaces. Our clients use our API's to count inbound phone call leads and capture their call recordings for quality assurance.sudonum.com